Friday, December 7, 2012

What decks did I get rid of?

In reference to the fact that I recently had to take apart and sell pieces from six decks, I felt I needed to come clean and say that I'm down to 9.

Basically, look at the old post from six months ago, and cross out:

Darien, King of Kjeldor - I hadn't played this deck in more than a year, and while the tribe was fun, it tended to play the same sorts of games over and over.  "Oh, you have a Wrath?  And someone else does two turns later?  Ah well."  I did keep my set of the Swords, though.

Hanna, Ship's Navigator - This deck had just about every planeswalker, lots of proliferate, an artifact theme...and it just tried too hard to be too many things.  Plus, there was good money in that deck. ;)

Lady Evangela - Ah, Clerics.  They are exceptional at preventing damage, but when most effects are 'destroy' in nature, it doesn't work so well.  This is the deck I was happiest to see go.

Mangara of Corondor - This was the hardest deck to take apart, but also one of the easiest decks to say goodbye to.  I liked the idea of the 'problem solver' deck, but the issue was that it was 97% reactive.  Just wasn't fun, and also had some pricey cards.

Multani, Maro-Sorcerer/Yeva, Nature's Herald - A big green deck that did one thing and did it well, but wasn't interactive in the least.

Vish Kal, Blood Artist - The lifegain deck, it just never played out as well as I wanted.  The cards were good, the mana was good, but still, just played like a 'good stuff' deck and never felt put together.






No comments:

Post a Comment